Case Study

Embraco

At the end of 2017 Embraco, part of the Whirpool Group based in Brazil, decided to close its Rivalta di Chieri industrial site in Italy and move the production chain to Europe.
A re-industrialization contract was therefore signed between Embraco and Sofit (part of the RANDSTAD ITALIA S.P.A. group) in order to manage the site closure and prevent the dismissal of more than 500 workers.

Details

Customer: Embraco [via SOFIT S.R.L., RANDSTAD ITALIA S.P.A. group]
Period: 2017 – 2018
People involved: 500+

Customer needs

At the end of 2017 Embraco, part of the Whirpool Group based in Brazil, decided to close its Rivalta di Chieri industrial site in Italy and move the production chain to Europe.
A re-industrialization contract was therefore signed between Embraco and Sofit (part of the RANDSTAD ITALIA S.P.A. group) in order to manage the site closure and prevent the dismissal of more than 500 workers. In this way it became possible to identify three new companies interested in acquiring shares of the industrial site and assuming all the resources, by re-allocating them to new job positions.
During this process new needs arose, such as, first of all, the necessity to evaluate the following characteristics for each worker:

  • Soft Skills;
  • Professional interests;
  • Personal interests.

This was made possible thanks to the creation of various customized tests by Eggup, which was commissioned by Sofit to manage the mapping and reskilling process of the resources involved.

Project development

Eggup’s work was focused on creating three different customized tests, whose outputs consisted of:

  • Numeric scores related to the evaluation of all personality traits;
  • Short descriptions providing further details for scores’ understanding.

Project results

Thanks to the implementation of this solution, Sofit was able to identify the right matching between each individual and the newly available job positions.
This result allowed Sofit to successfully find job placement for 95% of all the resources involved. For the remaining 5%, Eggup created a reskilling plan consisting of “tailor-made” trainings suggestions.

%

resources successfully re-allocated

Other Case Studies

Eggup collaborates with many different companies, discover other projects.

Contact us